Our first Podcast-Dj mix is presented by New York City based, dj Turmix.
The name says it all. Originally from Barcelona (Spain), dj Turmix has been working, for years, on original beats unknown to the masses. His skills took him to dj at the 2009 Latin Alternative Music Conference where he showcased his ability to change styles without losing continuity.
A Fania records fanatic, a Tropical music specialist and a vinyl collector of Latin sounds & Boogaloo, his taste also includes genres such as House, Afrobeat, Funk, Nu Jazz and Old School grooves.
Here you can find dj Turmix mixing a selection of Latin Soul & Boogaloo gems. Fania classic albums and hard to find records are mix with undeniable taste and skills. Tracks from Pete Rodriguez, Lebron Brothers, La Lupe, Tito Puente, Monguito Santamaria and other Latin Soul and Boogaloo icons will take you to a time and place that keeps coming back to us with more and more strength.
01. Pete Rodriguez y su Conjunto - Do the Boogaloo
(ALBUM: LATIN BOOGALOO, FANIA records 1966)
02. Lebron Brothers - Summertime Blue (Album: Psychedelic goes latin - Cotique records 1971)
03. Louie Ramirez - It's not what you say (Album: ALI BABA, FANIA records 1971)
04. Bobby Valentin - Keep the faith (Album: Let's Turn On-Arrebatarnos, FANIA records 197?)
05. George Guzman - Lazy Boogaloo (45", Fania records 1968)
06. Tito Puente - Black Brothers (45", TICO RECORDS 1973)
07. La Lupe - That's The Way It's Gonna Be (45", TICO records 1969)
08. The New Swing Sextet - Monkey see, Monkey do (Album: EXPLOSIVE, COTIQUE 196?)
09. Monguito Santamaria - Hey Sister (Album: Hey Sister, Fania 1969)
10. Ralph Robles - Happy (TAKKING OVER/CONQUISTANDO, FANIA records 1968)
11. Quetzy Alma - Deep (45", TICO 1969)
12. Orquesta Broadway - Black Is Black (Album: Do Their Thing, MUSICOR RECORDS 1967)
13. Ray Rodriguez Y Su Orquesta - Jumpin With Symphony Sid (Album: Delusion, ALEGRE RECORDS 1969)
You are missing some Flash content that should appear here! Perhaps your browser cannot display it, or maybe it did not initialize correctly.